20-23rd September 2018
The Australian Machine Quilting Festival is dedicated to providing inspiration, education and encouragement to all machine quilters that own a longarm, midarm and/or a domestic sewing machine. Come & join us in our new venture to grow & learn about machine quilting!







Saturday, March 26, 2016

Welcome Susan K Cleveland

Happy Easter break to all…

We WELCOME Susan K Cleveland to the Australian Machine Quilting Festival.

Known for her enthusiasm and clever solutions to quilting's challenges, Susan has enjoyed teaching her techniques and meeting quilters internationally. Her quilts, showcasing impeccable workmanship and eye-catching details, have received six awards at International Quilt Festivals in Houston and many other shows. Her books, tools, magazine articles, TV shows, and internet classes have been making tricky tasks more manageable for quilters for many years. She’s well known for her Piping Hot Binding technique and tool and also for her patented Prairie Pointer Tool. Don't miss out on an opportunity to learn and laugh with Susan!

When I asked her to describe her ‘style’ of quilting she said:

"My quilts are born from traditional designs and then I get just a little wild with color, settings, threads, and special details. Since free-motion quilting causes me stress, I've had to develop different techniques to quilt my quilts. (FM quilting is gorgeous and I admire what others do, but the skill escapes me.) It turns out my free-motion phobia has been a blessing as it pushed me to develop my own ideas to quilt a quilt. I enjoy ditch quilting everywhere then add decorative quilting with heavy threads by machine with my feed dogs up and/or with big stitch hand quilting. I love mixing hand and machine work to create more texture. Now, I have lots of options and I do what I enjoy and avoid the stress.”

You can read more about Susan’s quilt journey & achievements at her website. 
www.piecesbewithyou.com

Susan’s classes are in similar time slots to those previously being offered by Mark Lipinski. There are limited seats in the hands on classes, so don’t miss out on these! Online registrations are now open.

**************************************
More classes have filled this week.

Congratulations to the following teachers on filling these classes!
Friday 26th Aug   12.30-4.30pm
One Ruler one quilt with Narelle Morris

**************************************
Please help us to spread the word to all quilters about all the class opportunities. We have something for everyone! Feel free to forward or share our newsletters with your fellow quilters.

Happy quilting…..

Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment