We have another NEW class! This time we are thrilled to let you know that Brother Sewing Machines have offered machines to be used in our classroom by students. Sue van Riet from Sue’s Sewing World (who has also donated a Brother sewing machine for Best Of Show quilt) will be presenting a fantastic class that will inspire you to keep creating!
Journal cover - 4hrs Hands on with Brother sewing machines supplied in this classroom. Maximum 10 participants.
This book cover will enable the attendees to use the machine for stippling, decorative stitching circular work, crazy patchwork and attaching decorative trims. In the 4 hours we should be able to finish, or close to, so that they can take the project home without wondering how to do it. There is nothing for the customer to bring as it is all included in the kit.
Kit fee $38.50
Front Cover Total cover
Sue van Riet has always had a love for sewing and craft, so she decided to share what she knew with others and in February 2007, the doors to Sue's Sewing World opened. A family businesss, Sue's Sewing World is run by Sue and her husband Richard, with the assistance of a part-time staff member and an experienced sewing machine technician. Sue also employs experienced and passionate teachers to run classes and workshops. They specialise in quilting, dressmaking, pattern drafting, heirloom sewing and machine embroidery, as well as specialist project classes. The staff also offer support and training on software for machine embroiderers.
Sue is one of our wonderful sponsors & will also be vending at the show. Please drop by her booth to say hello & thank you for all the effort she has gone to for Festival!
We have also filled Keryn Emmerson’s class on Monday now.
428 - Creative Studio 3 in Stand Alone Mode with Keryn Emmerson.
There are two places left in this same class on Saturday due to students swapping days.
Last class notice for today… class 202 - Block to Block Custom Quilting with Pam Clarke has now also been filled to capacity!
We are also thrilled to advise that Horn Australia Pty Ltd have offered an amazing prize for the Quilt Show! Valued at $899- this will be a fantastic addition to any studio.
- Australian made LARGE Horn lifter for larger sewing machines, with three positions
– flat bed sewing
– free-arm sewing
- Back flap folds up for large projects. Ideal for quilting.
- Large additional work space to the right
- Australian made swivel trays and a large storage bin for your sewing accessories
- Storage for flat bed sewing insert. Sold separately.
- Adjustable shelves for easy storage.
- Room for storing an overlocker or for storage
- On castors, making it easy to move around
- Conditional one year warranty on materials and workmanship
- Lockable cabinet for child’s safety.
- Storage space or your overlocker.
- Cabinet has more depth than the standard range of sewing cabinets to assist with taller people and give more sewing space when the cabinet is opened.
- Handy storage for threads and accessories, all within arms reach!
Please take a moment to visit our sponsor page on the website to thank & acknowledge all of these wonderful companies!
Until next time…counting down now!
Tracey & Sharon