AMQF 2016 Minda Benefit Quilt ChallengeAMQ Festival is proud to join with Lloyd Curzon Textiles & Horn Australia to present to you a challenge to assist us in raising much needed funds to support people living with intellectual disability live lives of their choosing.
Theme: “Celebration...”Create a quilt that shouts out the theme of celebration. It could be a special achievement in your life or someone else’s. A goal that has been reached that needs to be recognised. It could be a new beginning, a reason to say thank you, or giving thanks for just being here. Rejoice in life and show us what it means to you.
Each entry is to be accompanied by a story of why or what you are celebrating, no longer than 250 words.
All quilts will be donated to Minda Inc to be auctioned with full proceeds being used to support people living with intellectual disability live lives of their choosing. The top thirty finalists will be selected for display at AMQ Festival 2016. All entries will receive a certificate of appreciation.
- All quilters are invited to submit an entry into the Minda Benefit Quilt Challenge run by Lloyd Curzon Textiles, Horn Australia and AMQ Festival for 2016.
- Application forms are available on our website to enable you to purchase your fabric kit to start your challenge. Entry forms will be included with your kit to submit with your completed quilt.
- There is one category only. Entries can be based either on a traditional or a contemporary design that reflects and interprets the theme ‘Celebration!’ and must use at least a recognisable portion of each of the challenge fabrics provided by Lloyd Curzon Textiles (Colour Movement fabric range by Kona Bay exclusive to Lloyd Curzon Textiles)
- All entries must be original. An entrant may apply any techniques including piecing, appliqué, embroidery, painting, inking, colouring, embellishing and/or manipulated fabric, etc.
- Each work must measure a maximum of 100cm on each side with no minimum size.
- The quilt must be machine quilted. This includes long-arm, short-arm or domestic machines. The quilt may be quilted with thread(s) of choice.
- A label with ‘AMQF 2016 Minda Benefit Quilt’ and the entrant’s name & address must be attached to the back of the quilt.
- Announcement of the winners will be announced on the AMQ Festival Blog & Facebook on Jul 31st 2016. It will also be announced in Link Magazine by Minda and on the Minda Facebook page.
- Anyone can enter! An entrant’s quilt may be the work of more than one person as long as all parties who contribute to the quilt are nominated on the entry form as being the entrant. There is no limit of entries per person or group.
- Other fabrics may be added to the quilt.
- The fabric challenge kit consists of 6 fat 16’ths of fabric and costs $10 including postage.
- A ribbon will be awarded to each winning quilt and a certificate to each participant.
- The prizes awarded are based on the interpretation of theme, excellence in design and craftsmanship. The deadline to send in completed quilts with entry forms is June 30th 2016.
DOWNLOAD the application form and complete it to get started on creating your work of art to benefit Minda Inc
The entries will be judged by a panel of judges from sponsors involved. The top 30 quilt entries will go on display at AMQ Festival if space permits.
First Prize: Value $1000+ : Your choice of Horn furniture valued up to $1000- plus a ticket to AMQF Cocktail Party
Second Prize: Value $750+
: Your choice of Horn Furniture valued up to $750- plus a ticket to AMQF Cocktail Party
Third Prize: Value $500+
: Your choice of Horn furniture valued up to $500- plus a ticket to AMQF Cocktail Party
Don’t forget our Show Pin Contest! Design our 2016 Festival Show Pin for the chance to come along to our cocktail party!
I'm looking forward to all your entries!
Until next time...