We are very pleased and excited to announce that world renowned quilter and artist Pam Holland will be featured at AMQF 2014 with a Special Exhibition of her stunning quilts.
Pam’s early career was that of a photographer, and fashion designer and this experience is evident in her quilting which she has been involved with for over 20 years. Pam travels 10 months of the year to far flung places all over the world teaching, judging and lecturing about the art of quilting. Her experiences in teaching and travel have been the inspiration for most of her quilts and has given her the reputation of shaping something new from the already established. Pam draws, films and writes constantly during her travels and this forms the basic plans that she uses to create quilts when she’s at home in the studio. She has won numerous International awards, has written several books with more to come in the near future. Pam lives in the Adelaide Hills in South Australia with her husband, Keith, and is mother to 13 children who all live close by with their families. Below are a few photos of Pam’s exquisite work and she is looking forward to sharing her incredible talent and techniques with a 3 day Masterclass to be held during Festival; details will be released at a later date.
If you’d like to follow Pam and see more of her incredible work then visit her blog or follow her on Facebook.
Vendor applications are now open and details can be found on the website We have increased the area in the Vendor Mall, get in early to get your preferred spot.
The Sponsorship Packages are soon to be released and there’s something for everyone – get on board and be a part of Festival and take advantage of the many benefits you receive as a sponsor. The support of our very generous sponsors for AMQF2012 allowed us to put on a fabulous event and it was appreciated by all who attended. We look forward to working with our sponsors in the forthcoming year and beyond.
We have put together accommodation packages with 3 of the major hotels on North Terrace which are in close proximity to the Adelaide Convention Centre. These are;
The Stamford Plaza, 150 North Terrace, Adelaide.
Stamford Plaza are offering guests of AMQF a rate of, $165.00 per Superior Room, per night (room only).
- To receive this negotiated rate, guests will need to advise Reservations that they are attending the Australian Machine Quilting Festival or quote the code (TH0210) at the time of booking.
- Guests will also need to provide a valid credit card number in order for their reservation to be confirmed.
- All bookings will have a 24 hour cancellation policy.
- To make a booking guests will need to contact the General Reservations department 08 8461 1111
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sebel Playford, 120 North Terrace, Adelaide.
The Sebel Playford are offering guests of AMQF a rate of, $165.00 per Standard Guestroom – 1 x King Bed, per night (room only) or $185.00 per Playford Guestroom – 1 x King Bed/2 x Queen Beds*
- Bookings can be made via phone – 08 8213 8802 and you must quote Australian Machine Quilting Festival
- * Bed configurations must be notified of your preference at time of booking
The Oaks Embassy & Horizon, 96 North Terrace, Adelaide.
The Oaks Embassy and The Oaks Horizon are offering guests of AMQF a rate of, $175 per night in a One Bedroom Apartment or $245 per night in a Two Bedroom Apartment
- Call the Reservations Department on (08) 8124 9900 and Quote Australian Machine Quilting Festival 2014 to book at discounted rates!
- The above rates are subject to; a minimum of two nights booking, per apartment booked, and have a 48 hour cancellation policy.
- The above rates may be extended 3 days prior and 3 days post the above event dates to assist should anyone wish to arrive earlier
- Car parking The Oaks Embassy & Horizon properties is $18 per day for self parking and must be pre booked to confirm availability.