Just a reminder to everyone that online class registrations will be available early on Monday 12th July!!
Here is a sneak preview of some information that you will need to read…
How to Register for Classes
There are two ways to register for classes.
- You can register online below (This is the fastest and preferred method)
- You can print the class registration form when it is available and mail it in with your payment. Class Registration Form can be mailed to:Australian Machine Quilting Festival, Student Registration, 13 Harbour Drive, Gulfview Heights, SA, 5096. Make cheques payable to AMQ Festival Pty Ltd.
- A complete class book (Class descriptions, teacher bios, Special Events, etc) will be available for download as soon as it is ready.
Registration opens July 12, 2010 at 9:00am.
Online Registration closes September 17, 2010.
Mail-in Registrations must be postmarked before September 1, 2010.
Watch class times carefully! You are responsible for your own schedule!
Schedules, tickets (Banquet Dinner and/or Day Passes), badges, etc.will not be mailed in advance. Students need to check-in at the Student registration desk when you arrive.
- Class Registration fee is $60.00. (This is a $110.00 value)
- This fee will be payable by all students nominating for classes. This fee not only helps towards teachers fees and expenses, staff time, supplies and equipment but also offers benefits to students. These benefits include 4 days admission into the show and vendor mall, and also a fabulous tote bag complete with goodies including magazines from Meander Publishing.
- Attendee Package is $100-. This is a $230.00 value & is optional & includes the Registration fee with more benefits
- In addition to the above, the Attendee Package includes a Commemorative Badge, at least 3 full patterns, 3m of wide backing fabric, a listing in the show catalogue and a few other surprises.
- Banquet Fee is for our Sunday evening banquet, awards presentations & special guest speaker - Kim Brunner. Please visit our Special Events page to view the menu & timetable.
- Festival Photo CD - this will be a fantastic professional CD of photos of the quilt show and the festival itself. Great inspirational quilting shots to inspire you with your own quilting at your fingertips.
- Class fees are listed with the class descriptions and payable at time of registration. All fees are GST inclusive.
- A Kit fee & Handout fee may be listed for some classes. This fee is payable directly to the instructor before the class starts.
Online Registration Instructions: PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY !
- View the class description by clicking on the class number and a new browser window will open to review the details.
- Choose your classes by placing a number one (1) in the box. You can add all your classes at once in the form then click the Add Me button below. This will take you to the shopping cart to see what you have ordered. You can press the back button to return to the registration page to add more classes or to add class registration fees, banquet dinner etc Once all your classes have been added to the "Shopping Cart", proceed to "Go To Payments" to enter your billing and shipping information. Then "Continue"
- Choose your method of payment and then press Continue..
- Methods of payment are
- Internet Banking (our preferred option) Please manually deduct the 'delivery fee' then perform your internet transfer -to do this you will need to open a new browser (leaving the AMQF window open), go to your banking website & perform this transaction. You will be allocated a reference number from your bank. THEN complete the AMQF transaction by placing the reference # and date of deposit on the next page of the cart. Your position in your classes is NOT confirmed until payment is received in our account.
- Credit card using Paypal. There is a processing fee added to your total when choosing this option. This is the 'delivery fee' in your shopping cart which is the actual 'fee' that Paypal charges us to use this service.
- Print & mail order with a cheque minus the 'delivery fee'.
After your payment information is entered, click on "Continue". The final page is "Order Receipt". You will receive an email showing your registered classes. Please print this for your records.
Class enrolments: Classes will be processed on a “First Come” basis. On-site class enrolments will be available for classes that are not filled. The class registration fee will still apply.
Waiting List: We will maintain a waiting list of 10% of the maximum allowed in a class.
We would also like to remind everyone to prepare their quilt show entries and get them in by July 31st. We love seeing quilts & the quilting on them in all genres, so download the entry forms and get them in to AMQA before the due date. There will be some great prizes along with the thrill of seeing your own quilt hanging as well as on the Festival CD to remember the event.
until next time…
Tracey & Sharon